Friday, July 11, 2008

Journey.

This morning has been filled with many googly-worthy gems, making it slightly difficult to pinpoint a theme for today's blog, so instead we will do a ramble. We being me. First off, my darling sprite, Meryl, sent me this epic movie trailer. Initially, I criticized her for trying to poke fun at Brendan Fraser (its too easy), but just wait. Then (!) I remembered a viral video from years ago which I had searched for in vain a few times, and today, yes today, I have finally found it!!! I will sheepishly admit that due to a whole slew of advances in technology (particularly flash animation), the video is not quite as mind-boggling as I remember and is maybe a little slow to start. But still, give it a go.

Next up, this morning presented us with many lolcats and some gorgeous failures from my new favorite waste of time, FAIL blog.


From there, where does the journey take us? Last night's journey took Court and I to a night of chains. No, this isn't some strange s+m thing that you are inevitably trying to make some joke about, we actually decided to appreciate chain stores for one evening, and one evening only. We started our day at Sports Authority in search of a plain Jansport backpack. Discouraged by a sea of patterned h-ster backpacks, we left quickly. Next was TJMaxx. We both expected to come out of this one gloriously, but were shooed by a security upon entering (I wanted to take a pic!) and the visit only went downhill from there. In spite of that, I do recommend taking it to the maxx for cheap colorful luggage. From there we went to Old Navy, West Elm, the Container Store, and finally dined at......the Olive Garden. And yes, we did feel like family.

In the end, we have this:
















(from FFFFound.com)

No comments: