Friday, May 2, 2008

And now, another dose of culture.

When I fall I'll weep for happiness.
This past Wednesday I went to the opening night of
Endgame at BAM starring John Turturro ("the jesus") and Max Casella (of Doogie Howser and Newsies fame). It was incredible. A good performance of Beckett is something that will empty and fill your soul all at the same and this one was stellar. I
ts playing through May 18th and I heartily recommend checking it out.

Next on the docket is an art exhibition at Apex Gallery curated by Dave Eggers. I'm checking this out tonight, but it already looks like something I will recommend. It features a whole slew of artists and writers including Basquiat, Shel Silverstein, Kurt Vonnegut, and Henry Darger. It runs through May 10th. Then a little RJD2 at Bowery!! Other than that, I will be hobbling my way through Cherry Blossoms and might even swing over to Murakami.

No comments: